NYC Pest Extermination Services
Expert pest extermination for All of NYC, Nassau County, and Lower Westchester County. Positive Pest Management is a top rated and well respected NYC based Exterminator, that provides industry leading service at competitive prices.
Insect Problems throughout New York City will be Quickly Eliminated with our Quality & Warrantied Extermination Work.
Positive Pest is committed to excellence since our beginnings some 15 years ago. Since then, we have built a premier company with the personnel, equipment, and experience to handle clients ranging from Homeowners, Apartment Building Complexes, Coops, Condos, Restaurants, Hospitals, Elder Care Facilities, and Commercial Establishments. Below are some of the major pests we handle on a regular basis.
NYC Pest Exterminators
– Serving All NYC, Nassau County, & Lower Westchester
Our Extermination Services will quickly remove Bed Bugs in NYC. These insects have been found in all types of dwellings & transportation vehicles. Generally bed bugs hide in box springs, mattresses, bed frames, couches, chairs, window & door moldings, behind wall paper & pictures, under carpet, cracks in the hardwood floors, wall voids, and outlets.
Certain types of mites are parasitic on humans & will occasionally infest buildings. Often associated with wild or domestic birds or rodents, mites are very small (about the size of the period in this sentence) and are closely related to ticks. Often Infestations go unnoticed for some time. Our technicians can effectively exterminate bird mites throughout NYC.
Moths including Indian meal moths (Grain Moths, Pantry Moths) and clothing moths love to live in dirty, dark and humid places where nobody disturbs them for long periods. Occasionally these pest will invade your pantry or clothing closet. Our technicians can exterminate moths in NYC safely.
Fleas are parasites that feed on blood, and seem to prefer humans, cats, dogs, opossums, and rodents. A flea can jump up to 8 inches high and are usually found on shoes, pant legs, or blankets. Consequently your pet may infest your entire home with these pests. In these cases please call for our Flea Extermination Services throughout NYC.
Termites have wings that they shed once they have found a good place to build a nest. They have been around for at least 200 million years and their colonies eat non-stop, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, causing billions of dollars worth of property damage.
Cockroaches transmit diseases, contaminate food, and induce allergies. If someone in your building has them, guess what? You Have Them Too! Some female cockroaches mate once and are pregnant for the rest of their lives.
Our Services will remove Mice and Rats that invade homes or other structures looking for food and shelter. Their activity can damage buildings, and property by their constant gnawing and burrowing. They contaminate food, and can spread diseases to people and pets. Generally, they have a remarkable ability to adapt and are difficult to eradicate. If you need experienced rodent control experts in NYC please call us today.
Pest Probem? …Ask the Experts at Positive Pest Management
We are here to help, please send us your pest control questions
Positive Pest Management has the expertise and experience to handle virtually any question regarding insect and rodent control that is native to the NY Metro. We welcome your inquires and will respond directly. In addition, we may also feature your question in a future blog section so that others can benefit. We find that many of our customers face very similar frustrations with pests. We believe that providing the best information possible will reduce your concerns and uncertainty.
Some common questions include:
- What steps can I take to prevent a pest problem?
- How can I monitor current pest activity?
- How do I recognize the signs of a pest problem?
When selecting a pest control contractor, or any service provider , it pays to spend a few minutes researching this providers history and verifying that they have a proven track record. This small step can go a long way into avoiding a costly mistake
Guidelines in choosing a pest control company
1. Get 2 or 3 Estimates: Be an educated consumer and get a few estimates. It would be wrong to assume that all service providers charge the same price. Understand what the provider is offering in a written estimate will help you compare “apples to apples”. Resist the urge to make a fast decision out of panic because of a sudden insect infestation.
2. Check Reliability History: A quick check of the department of consumer affairs in your county and the Better Business Bureau can save you from a costly mistake. Make sure that the company you choose has a history of professional and reliable service. This would normally assure that you are getting what you were promised. Do an internet search for complaints and ask for referrals and testimonials. Should you wish to check our history at positive pest, see the independently posted reviews and read about us.
3. Review the Warranty: Try to use a company that has a long history of reliable service, since any warranty is worthless if the company you choose is no longer in business. Read and understand each company’s policy. Be sure to read the fine gray print on the back of contracts for hidden clauses and exclusions that would tend to negate any warranty protection
4. Insurance & Certifications: If the work to be performed is sizeable don’t hesitate to ask for copies of the company’s Liability & Workman’s Compensation insurance Certificates. You need to check that the work is being performed by a qualified technician that is State Certified. It will also extend the company’s reputation if they belong to industry associations such as the New York State Pest Management Association.
5. Price Protection in long term contracts: Many pest control services require follow up visits and renewable contracts especially when dealing with termites and carpenter ants. Ask if your provider has a price protection guarantee to avoid being stuck in an agreement that can increase in price substantially over subsequent years
6 Review the service Agreement’s Terms:
- Find out the terms of the agreement There will be a contract, and it will state how many months your provider will service your home or business.
- Take note of the chemicals to be used and how they are distributed in your home or business. In most cases, you want to go for limited amounts and limited distribution.
- Understand how often treatments are repeated and how many treatments are covered in the contract.
- For termite service contracts, you will need to find out if damaged wood will be replaced, and when re-inspections will be performed. Also learn about where treatment stations will be placed and the types of chemicals used – get the labels.
- Find out, how long the service will take, and how often they need to return for inspections, cleanup, or service. Find out what the company will do in the way of prevention,